Please be aware that you must be 18 years or older (or if accessing this website outside of the Republic of South Africa, a major in the country in which you live) to access and use this website.
This Website is not directed or intended for children. We do not intend to collect, nor will we knowingly collect any personal information from children without parental consent. If you are a minor you must ask your parent or guardian before you send any information to us or email us. By using this Website or communicating with us via email you confirm that you have obtained the consent of your parents to do so.
What information we collect
We collect information about you in the following ways:
- We collect personal information provided directly by you, such as when you apply to become a client of the Agency, place a booking, email us, or request information from us.
- We automatically receive information from your browser, including but not limited to your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, information about your browser, “cookie” and/or “web beacon” and/or “web bug” information.
A web beacon or web bug is a file used to monitor your journey around a single website or collection of websites. They may be used in association with cookies to understand how visitors interact with the pages and content on the pages of a website.
Safeguarding your privacy
The Agency is committed to giving effect to your right to privacy by safeguarding any personal information which you may provide us.
Our policy with regard to the processing of your personal information is as follows:
- your personal information will be processed lawfully and in a reasonable manner that will not infringe your right of privacy in as far as it is not excluded or limited by law;
- we will only process your personal information where it is necessary for our legitimate business reasons in so far that you have not withdrawn your consent to the processing of any of your personal information;
- we will not disclose your personal information to others except where we are legally obliged to do so;
- we will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which the information was originally collected or subsequently processed except where we are in law obliged to do so or where the information is required to be retained in respect of a contract concluded between yourself and Ernst Seegers & Associates, or where you have consented thereto or where records of your personal information may be retained in law for historical, statistical or research purposes but only where we have established appropriate safeguards against the records being used for any other purposes;
- we will destroy or delete a record of personal information or de-identify it as soon as reasonably practical after we are no longer authorised to retain a record of same and shall do so in a manner that prevents its reconstruction in an intelligible form;
- we will restrict the processing of personal information if it’s accuracy is contested by yourself for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the information, or where the processing of such information is unlawful, or where you have subsequently requested that we restrict the use of your personal information. We will notify you before lifting the restriction of the processing of your personal information;
- we will maintain documentation of all of our processing of your personal information under the Promotion of Access to Information Act;
- we will at all times do our best to secure the integrity and confidentiality of your personal information in our possession or under our control by taking appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent the loss of, damage to or unauthorised destruction of your personal information and unlawful access to or processing of your personal information;
- we will notify you, where your identity has been established, in the event of our becoming aware that your personal information has been accessed or acquired by any unauthorised persons;
- we will not process any personal information regarding your religious or philosophical beliefs, race or ethnic origin, trade union membership, political persuasion, health, sex life, biometric information, or your criminal behaviour subject to the extent that such information relates to—
- the alleged commission by yourself of any offence; or
- any proceedings in respect of any offence allegedly committed by you or the disposal of such proceedings,
- the processing is carried out with your consent;
- processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a right or obligation in law;
- processing is necessary to comply with an obligation of international public law;
- processing is for historical, statistical or research purposes,
- information has deliberately been made public by yourself;
- the processing of personal information will not be considered a breach of these terms if it is in terms of any applicable South African laws.
Personal information of children
We will not process the personal information of children unless the processing is—
- (a) carried out with the prior consent of a competent person;
- (b) necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a right or obligation in law;
- (c) necessary to comply with an obligation of international public law;
- (d) for historical, statistical or research purposes to the extent that—
- (i) the purpose serves a public interest and the processing is necessary for the purpose concerned; or
- (ii) it appears to be impossible or would involve a disproportionate effort to ask for consent, and sufficient guarantees are provided for to ensure that the processing does not adversely affect the individual privacy of the child to a disproportionate extent; or
- (e) of personal information which has deliberately been made public by the child with the consent of a competent person.
Access to and rectification of your personal information
If you have provided us with any personal information, you may access same by contacting our offices. You further have the right to rectify any personal information which we have collected from you.
Should you object to us processing any of your personal information, please notify us immediately.
You, provided that you have provided us with adequate proof of identity, may at any time request that we:
- a) confirm, whether or not we hold personal information about you;
- b) request from us a copy of the record or a description of your personal information held by us, including information about the identity of all third parties, or categories of third parties, who have, or have had, access to the information
- i) within a reasonable time;
- ii) at a prescribed fee, if any;
- iii) in a reasonable manner and format; and
- iv) in a form that is generally understandable.
If you are required to pay a fee for services provided in terms of the above, we will
- give you a written estimate of the fee before providing the services; and
- may require you to pay a deposit for all or part of the fee.
Correction of personal information
You may, by contacting our offices via registered mail, request that we —
- (a) correct or delete personal information which we have in our possession or under our control about you that is inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, out of date, incomplete, misleading or obtained unlawfully; or
- (b) destroy or delete a record of personal information about you that we are no longer authorised to retain.
We will notify you of the action taken as a result of your request, or in the event that we are unable to comply with your request, we will notify you of the reasons therefore.
Links to other websites
Our Website may contain links to other websites that are owned and operated by third parties. Even if the third is affiliated with us, we have no control over these linked websites, all of which have separate privacy and data collection practices. We are not responsible for the contents of any websites which are linked to ours – we are only providing these links to you as a convenience.
Our contact details
Seegers Bros Crewing Agency CC trading as Ernst Seegers & Associates
||+ 27 21 448 9695
||3B, 33 on Palm, 33 Salt River Road, Salt River, Cape Town, 7925